Don’t forget about your Neck…. The neck area is one of the most neglected areas of the body when it comes to skin care.
Clients are going to great extremes to look after the skin on their face and forget about the neck area. Most pre-mature ageing starts on the neck, décolletage and hands as they are most exposed to the sun and are often the most neglected.
With today’s modern technology people need to take into account how their lifestyle choices affect their ageing process. We now are further confronted with terms such as “Text Neck” or “Tech Neck”, whilst these sound like unfamiliar terms, the truth is regardless of your age, the neck and décolletage area are prone to collagen and skin elasticity loss.
1. The skin of the neck has less fatty tissue than the skin on you face and therefore is more prominent to show signs of ageing
2. Did you know that your sleeping pattern may be contributing to the premature aging of your neck? We know it may be hard to control how you sleep at night, but the best position to combat the night wrinkles, not only on your neck but also you face is by sleeping on your back. Wedge a pillow under your knees to help prevent rolling onto your sides or stomach.
3. The sun although it is hard to avoid, is the most common factor contributing to pre-mature ageing and damage to the skin. It is especially important to use a high factor Sun screen protection on not only your face but also your neck and décolletage area. These areas tend to be forgotten and are the first areas to show signs of damage and ageing. The neck and décolletage area are so fragile making lines and wrinkles appear sooner, following signs of loss of elasticity with sagging, excess skin, sun damage, pigmentation and skin discolorations issues.
4. Many individuals turn to surgery to address their ageing, sagging neck, but there are many alternative minimally invasive and non-invasive treatments that show significant improvement after multiple treatments such as:
- IPL Photo Rejuvenation – an advanced skin rejuvenation treatment that utilises the power of light to effectively target and address pigmentation, broken capillaries, acne and skin rejuvenation with minimal downtime.
- Radio Frequency – used to help tighten the neck and jaw-line area by heating the epidermal and dermal layers of the skin with focused radio waves into the area of concern. The radio frequency treatment is delivered through an electrode onto the skin and applying an alternating current at the required energy setting. As a result, the skin is deeply treated with controlled doses of targeted energy causing a localised heat to be delivered into the skin to encourage the production of collagen and elastin.
- Ultraformer Ultrasound – a non-invasive approach to lift and contour the area of concern using specialised ultrasonic ultrasound energy to create thermal coagulation, encouraging the contraction of connective tissue. This treatment can be performed on the face and neck, re-educating the muscles that support the skin above. It is also helpful in enhancing the production of collagen and elastin, improving facial and neck muscle tone.
- Skin Needling – skin needling with an infusion of serums, stem cell therapy or with platelet rich plasma injections to hydrate and plump up the area aiding in the stimulation of collagen and elastin production. This process is achieved by creating small controlled micro punctures into the dermal layers of the skin to encourage your body’s immune response to re-grow and repair the damaged skin through the induction of collagen and elastin. Skin Needling is also beneficial for treating scarring, stretch marks, acne, pigmentation, rosacea, reduction in pore size and antibacterial purposes with minimal downtime.
- Co2 Resurfacing Laser – a treatment designed specifically to stimulate collagen and elastin to areas with fine lines and wrinkles. Using a device containing mixed technology allows two different wavelengths to penetrate at different densities to coagulate and ablate the skin.
- Thermal Skin Tightening – achieves skin tightening where controlled heat is administered using radio frequency below the skin surface using a probe to achieve significant skin tightening with only one treatment. The thermal skin tightening radio frequency device uses multiple platforms for skin tightening and smoothing, fat reduction, sweat and wrinkle free reduction with both non-invasive and invasive applicators. The skin is safely and precisely heated to a measured temperature that is monitored allowing the optimal amount of heat to be delivered underneath the skins tissue to encourage the production of collagen and elastin.
- Vital Injector Beauty Booster – utilises a hyaluronic acid injection to compensate for the natural loss of collagen and elastin in the skin. The injection uses a gun like hand piece to inject an even and controlled amount of hyaluronic acid into the superficial layers of the skin to assist in smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles, restores lost volume, improves skin hydration, firms the texture and elasticity of the skin as well as enhancing the skin to a radiant This treatment is designed to prevent signs of premature ageing and boosting the radiance of our skin.
- DMK Enzyme Therapy Skin Treatments – paramedical treatments that work on stimulating your facial muscles by working on a cellular level and using transfer messengers within the body to activate certain processes from within. Enzyme Therapy treatments help to quickly restore lost functioning of the skin enabling the natural processes of the skin to return to its normal state. The enzymes assist in strengthening and rebuilding the structural integrity of the skin creating a healthier environment for cells to thrive in. DMK’s enzyme therapy treatments stimulate the facial muscles to provide an instant lift to tired, sagging skin, firms, tones, tightens, smoothes the appearance of scars, fine lines and wrinkles leaving your skin with an instant and natural face lift.
5. Smoother, firmer and stronger skin can also be achieved with the help of good skincare products. At Oo La La Cosmetic & Laser Clinic we stock luxurious neckcreams such as PCA Perfecting Neck & Decolletage and DMK’s Elevate. These products will assist in a smoother, firmer skin with a visibly lifted, more youthful and sculpted appearance.
Please feel free to contact any of our friendly team members to find out more about our many treatment options.