Brow Thread Lift
Eyebrows have become more and more popular in the last few years as they help shape, contour and balance the whole face. Saggy skin or hooded eyelids can give a person a tired appearance. A brow lift can help lift saggy skin giving you an overall facial rejuvenation. It may also correct some asymmetry in brows. Some clients chose a brow thread lift along a blepharoplasty (surgical removal of excess skin on eyelids) for optimal results.
What is a brow thread lift?
A brow thread lift is a non-surgical method to help reduce signs of ageing, droopy eyebrows, loose or sagging skin on forehead.
How does a Brow Thread Lift work?
Dissolvable threads are inserted into different upper parts of your face which allows our Cosmetic Doctor to pull on the threads to lift desired areas. This is done thru small incisions on specific areas. Threads also have a regeneration effect and work by stimulating collagen production resulting in more youthful skin.
How long does a brow thread lift last?
In general, we would expect results to last 1-2 years depending on the type of threads used. This however can differ from patient to patient, depending on their skin, lifestyle and how they present.
Are there other treatment options to a Tread Brow Lift?
Yes, we offer different modalities, sometimes recommend a combination of treatments to achieve a brow lift without the use of threads. Some of these modalities include:
- Anti wrinkle injections, a temporary measure which may help lift brows. Results may last 3-4 months and only small amounts of anti wrinkle relaxers (botulinum toxin a) are used.
- Tempsure Radio Frequency (radio waves that gently heat the skin tissue. Once the tissue reaches the appropriate temperature, the radio waves spark the production of new collagen. As this collagen develops over the next 3 months , your skin naturally tightens).
- Ultraformer (targets the deep foundation layer of the skin, delivering energy specifically into the deep, structural tissues and muscles where collagen lives. Results will continue to improve up to 3-6 month after the treatment).
- Neogen (Neogen converts nitrogen into plasma energy. The plasma emerges from the handpiece into controlled pulses and rapid heating of the tissue which occurs as it give its unique thermal energy to tissue).
Does a Brow Thread Lift hurt?
It is common to experience some bruising and swelling after the procedure. This usually subsides after a few days. You may experience some tenderness also to treated areas. You are welcome to take over the counter pain relief such as Panadol or ibuprofen if necessary.
What can I expect the day of the Brow Lift Thread procedure?
We ask you to arrive at the clinic without make up, without food (min 4 hours before procedure) and without drinking large amounts of fluids. You must disclose any medical conditions to us before your procedure and advise if you have any allergies. Our Cosmetic Doctor may use some sedation and /-or local anesthetic . If sedation is used, you will require someone to drive you home after the procedure. You may leave the clinic with tape on your face to stabilize the areas where the threads have been placed. We advise not to book any special events for at least 1-2 week post procedure due to potential bruising and swelling. The procedure is usually completed within 1- 1.5 hours
What happens after the Brow Lift procedure?
If sutures have been used, they will be removed on or around Day 5.
We ask you to follow our aftercare instructions and contact the clinic should you have any concerns. We also request that you attend all your follow up appointments.
- Avoid saunas or sun exposure and extreme heat for a few weeks.
- Avoid applying any pressure to threated areas, where threads have been placed for a couple of weeks.
- No vigorous exercise or yoga for a couple of weeks as some exercises may force your face down. This is also to avoid thread extrusion.
- Avoid facial laser treatments as these could dissolve the threads faster
- It is beneficial to try and sleep elevated on your back rather then sideways to avoid further swelling and bruising.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol before and after the procedure is recommended.
Side effects & complications
Swelling, bruising, infection, migration of brow threads, asymmetry, discomfort & pain, light sensitivity, allergies to anesthesia
What is the cost for a Brow Lift Thread procedure?
Depending on the method and threads used and how the patient presents, our starting prices are from around $1100.00 GST inclusive
Want to know more?
Please book a consultation with our Cosmetic Doctor to find out if this procedure is a suitable for you.