Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel originated in Spain and is designed to reduce skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation.
The Cosmelan treatment consists of a two phased approach that is compatible with all skin types / skin colours and can be used all year round.
This treatment reduces the skin’s natural production of melanin which creates your skin tone and dark spotty tissues. The treatment can be used not only on facial areas but also on legs, hands and abdomen.
We recommend an initial free consultation to determine suitability and to answer any of your questions you may have about this treatment.
Benefits of the Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel:
The big advantage of this treatment is that is is safe and suitable to be used on ALL skin tones and types.
- Reduces hyperpigmentation & dark spots.
- Treats melasma very effectively.
- Minimal discomfort.
- Balances the skin’s oil production.
- Quick results.
- Suitable & gentle for all skin types.
- Minimal side effects.
How Does Cosmelan Work?
In simple terms, Cosmelan performs two main actions to reduce hyperpigmentation.
Firstly, Cosmelan exfoliates the skin to an even skin tone by removing layers of dead skin cells that have built up over time (the peel).
Secondly, Cosmelan will then inhibit the production of melanin which is responsible for creating the color/tone of your skin and is the root cause of dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
The active ingredients are highly effective yet surprisingly gentle on the skin to ensure that you experience great results that are comfortable and pain free.
The Cosmelan Two Step Process
The Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel is a two-step process.
Part one is the application of a stimulating mask at our clinic.
Part two is the continued application of Cosmelan products from home. Detailed instructions on how to use the products at home will be provided and discussed at your appointment.
Part 1: The In-Clinic Mask
Part one, the application of the mask at our clinic is a very quick and fuss free process.
- Your skin is cleansed and prepared
- The Cosmelan mask is applied in a thick layer.
- The Mask may lightly sting upon application, but will quickly cease
- Depending on your skin type, the mask must stay on between six and twelve hours.
- You will be instructed on when and how to remove the mask at home.
- An after-care kit will be provided to you and you will be informed on how to use your at home products
Part 2: The Home Care Regimen
- After the specified time, the Cosmelan mask is removed with a gentle, neutral cleanser.
- Immediately, the Mesoestetic Hydra-Vital Factor K is applied to comfort the skin and protect moisture.
- Peeling generally begins two to three days after the mask’s application.
- Cosmelan II cream should be applied two to three times a day for two weeks.
- After the first 14 days, Cosmelan II can be applied once daily.
Expected Results from the Cosmelan Peel
Results can be seen within a few days. Full results are typically seen after 3 to 6 weeks of treatment.
After a few days (within the first week) patients will notice skin blemishes fading, and a brighter skin complexion breaking through.
After a couple weeks, the skin will start to take on a shiny, healthier glow.
These results will continue to improve over the fourth or fifth week, when the full benefits of a Cosmelan Peel can be seen.
Cosmelan Skin Care Routine
Patient must follow their at home aftercare program daily to see the smooth results from the Cosmelan Peel and these results will last for many months to come.
The skin will be delicate and sensitive in the first couple of weeks after your treatment. You should avoid lengthy sun exposure you should wear a high SPF Sunscreen to protect your skin when outdoors.
Side Effects from a Cosmelan Peel Treatment
- Mild to moderate redness and discomfort.
- Tightness and itchiness.
- Skin to feel tight or itch.
- Scarring in more rare cases… it is extremely important that you do not pick at your face.
The Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel should not be applied whilst you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Also, if you have active rosacea or have been on Roaccutane in the last 6 months, you should postpone the treatment to a later date.
Cosmelan Treatment FAQs
Q: Are Cosmelan Treatments just for the face?
A: It is most common for the face to be treated with Cosmelan, however other parts of the body can also undergo treatment such as the neck, chest and the back of the hand.
Can any skin type be treated?
A: The active ingredients used in the Cosmelan mask & cream are suitable for all skin types, skin colours and ethnicities.
Q: Is it necessary to take any precautions during the treatment?
A: The continuous use of a high protection sunscreen is essential , since both natural and artificial light can stimulate melanin synthesis.
During the first week after treatment, it is advisable to avoid the following activities: swimming in pools, sauna, exposure to direct heat sources, outdoor sports.
How long after treatment will I notice results?
A: One month after applying the Cosmelan 2 mask you will notice:
- Visible improvements in hyperpigmentation.
- The disappearance of the most superficial dark spots.
- Overall improvement in skin & skin tone.
Q: Can any drugs or supplements negatively impact the treatment results?
A: Some medications can have photosensitising effects on the skin and some supplements which contain ingredients that can interfere with melanin synthesis.
Regular medications/supplements should be discussed with your specialist prior to undergoing Cosmelan treatment.
Make An Appointment
This treatment is very cost effective and your price includes the treatment, consultation, follow up visits and at home use products.
Contact our clinic to arrange a consultation.