The Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel originated in Spain and is designed to reduce skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation. This treatment reduces the skin’s natural production of melanin which creates your skin tone and dark spotty tissues. The treatment can be used not only on facial areas but also on legs, hands and abdomen.
The big advantage of this treatment is that is is safe and suitable to be used on ALL skin tones and types. This peel also balances the skin’s oil production.
We recommend an inital free consultation to determine suitability and to answer any of your questions you may have about this treatment.
Benefits of the Cosmelan Depigmentations peel:
- Reduces hyperpigmentation & dark spots
- Treats malasma very effectively
- Minimal discomfort
- Quick results
- Suitable & gentle for all skin types
- Minimal side effects
The Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel is a two-step process.
Part one is the application of a stimulating mask at our clinic.
Part two is the continued application of Cosmelan products from home. Detailed instructions on how to use the products at home will be provided and discussed at your appointment.
Part 1: The In-Clinic Mask
Part one, the application of the mask at our clinic is a very quick and fuss free process.
- Your skin is cleansed and prepared
- The Cosmelan mask is applied in a thick layer.
- The Mask may lightly sting upon application, but will quickly cease
- Depending on your skin type, the mask must stay on between six and twelve hours.
- You will be instructed on when and how to remove the mask at home.
- An after-care kit will be provided to you and you will be informed on how to use your at home products
Part 2: The Home Care Regimen
- After the specified time, the Cosmelan mask is removed with a gentle, neutral cleanser.
- Immediately, the Mesoetetic Hydra-Vital Factor K is applied to comfort the skin and protect moisture.
- Peeling generally begins two to three days after the mask’s application.
- Cosmelan II cream should be applied two to three times a day for two weeks.
- After the first 14 days, Cosmelan II can be applied once daily.
Results to expect from the Cosmelan Peel
After a few days, within the first week, patients will notice skin blemishes fading, and a brighter skin complexion breaking through. After a couple weeks, the skin will start to take on a shiny, healthier glow. These results will continue to improve over the fourth or fifth week, when the full benefits of a Cosmelan Peel can be seen.
Patient must follow their at home aftercare program daily to see the smooth results from the Cosmelan Peel. These results will last for many months to come. The skin will be delicate and sensitive in the first couple of weeks after your treatment. You should avoid lengthy sun exposure you should wear a high SPF Sunscreen to protect your skin when outdoors.
Side effects from a Cosmelan Peel:
- mild to moderate redness and discomfort
- skin to feel tight or itch. Occasionally more serious complications, such as scarring,
- tightness and itchiness
- scarring in more rare cases… it is important that you do not pick at your face.
The Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel should not be applied whilst your are pregnant or breastfeeding. Also if you have active rosacea or have been on Roaccutane in the last 6 months, you should postpone the treatment to a later date.
This Treatment is very cost effective and your price includes the treatment, consultation, follow up visits and at home use products.
Contact our clinic to arrange a consultation.