Medical peels are used to regenerate tired, old and dull looking skin by stripping away old unwanted skin revealing a fresher new you.
The benefits of a medical peel are:
- reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- treats sun spots, age spots and pigmentation
- can improve shallow acne scarring
- leaves your skin with a smoother, more youthful appearance
- reduces pore size
We offer a number of medical peels suited to your specific skin condition:
- The Jessner Peel is designed to remove superficial layers of skin, dry out active acne, dislodge blackheads, reduce shallow wrinkling and scarring, help lighten hyper pigmentation and improve the overall appearance and health of sun-damaged, acne prone, aging skin. One of the main ingredients of Jessner Peel is salicylic acid that deeply penetrates the pores and removes congested sebum and dead skin cells. This solution may be applied in layers to provide a variety of results. It can also be used in conjunction with microdermabrasion for a deeper penetration.
- Salicylic Acid is a great keratolytic which means it helps loosen the bonds between skin cells to promote exfoliation. Salicylic Acid is oil soluble and lipophilic so it penetrates sebum filled follicles & cleans out clogged pores, it is also good for exfoliating congested follicles and very is effective in the management of problematic skin concerns.
- Photodynamic therapy is prescribed for the treatment of superficial basal cell carcinoma, nodular basal cell carcinoma and Bowen’s disease, but can also be beneficial for the treatment of acne, pigmented lesions and skin rejuvenation. Photodynamic therapy may also be prescribed for treatment of thin or non-pigmented actinic keratoses.The treatment occurs in two stages; the preparation of the area to be treated and the initial application of solution, followed by led light therapy. Over a few hours the drug is absorbed by the cancer cells, then light is applied to the area treated. The led light causes the drug to react with oxygen, which forms a chemical that kills the cells. Photo Dynamic Therapy may also help by destroying the blood vessels that feed the cancer cells and by alerting the immune system to attack the cancer.Photo Dynamic Therapy usually requires two treatments, two weeks apart but no longer than 7 weeks, and patients are reviewed by the prescribing doctor 2-3 months after treatment for a follow up. Studies have shown that PDT be just as effective as surgeryor radiation therapy in treating certain kinds of cancers and pre-cancers. PDT has no long-term side effects and is less invasive than surgery. PDT can be targeted precisely to concerned areas and can have further treatments in the same area multiple times and there is generally minimal to no scarring after the site heals.
- Mandelic Peel This skin perfecting 30% solution enhances cellular turnover, reduces hyperpigmentation and improves the appearance of uneven skin tone, sun damage and fine lines and wrinkles. Features alpha-arbutin to naturally brighten and balance the complexion.
- Pigment punch peel Clinical studies prove that the topical use of just 3% Tyrostat™ begins to brighten the complexion from the very first application and can diminish the visible appearance of unsightly age spots and pigmentation marks by an impressive 25+% in just 6 weeks. As an added bonus, this remarkable botanical was not only found to be completely non-irritating and free of side effects but was actually shown to calm and tone down the look of facial redness. Pigment Punch™ is a fast absorbing trans-dermal serum and contains no less than 10% Tyrostat™ (that’s more than 3 times the concentration used in clinical studies!), plus a cocktail of pure botanical antioxidants, skin brighteners and skin saving vitamins to ensure maximum effectiveness in record time. Your complexion will be well on its way to a lighter and brighter future – naturally!
- Cosmelan peel.Cosmelan aims to reduce and eliminate skin blemishes of melanic origin. The treatment is applied in our clinic and the client goes home with the products applied to the treated area which is to be removed by the client, at home after several hours. The client also receives take home products and home maintenance crèmes.
Please contact the friendly team at OoLaLa for a skin analysis to determine the best peel for you.